As 72% of women in the U.S. believe their dry skin makes them look less beautiful, it’s no surprise that Dove, a brand that continues to provide women with breakthrough skin care solutions for generations, would create a product line that is both efficacious and enjoyable to use to address this common skin issue.
Dove is introducing an exclusive, patent-pending breakthrough technology, PPAR Activation Complex that addresses the unique skin care needs of those with extremely dry, compromised skin. The formula found in the Dove DermaSeries creams, combines 12-Hydroxystearic Acid (12-HSA), a fatty acid that works twice as well as stearic acid, glycerin (a potent humectant) and natural emulsifiers to activate PPARs, proteins found in the skin. PPARs and 12-HSA work within the deepest surface layers to help in the formation of better quality skin cells, creating a better quality hydration barrier. Thanks to the PPAR Activation Complex, the DermaSeries creams moisturize better than leading prescription creams.
“Dry skin sufferers are often very familiar with product ingredients. They actively seek out cleansers and creams that will alleviate symptoms while truly caring for their sensitive skin without irritating it,” says Beth Pearson, Unilever Research & Development Scientist. “We have used the most caring ingredients to formulate Dove DermaSeries to ensure the most gentle cleansing and intense moisturization. Our research has been dedicated towards creating a superior product range with state-of-the-art technology. We developed the proprietary PPAR Activation Complex to create a highly efficacious formula that offers a superior experience through the sensories of the product. We are proud that these products provide superior moisturization to prescription creams and top dermatologist-recommended brands.”
The premium Dove DermaSeries skincare collection includes ultra-mild, non-irritating cleansers and intensely rich, hydrating creams that are most effective as an easy-to-use two-step daily regimen. The formulas provide compromised skin with both immediate relief and long-term skin barrier repair with continued use.
Step One: Cleanse – ultra-mild and non-irritating; hypoallergenic; fragrance free; paraben-free; sulfate-free; effectively removes dirt, oil, and make-up without leaving skin feeling tight or dry
- Ultra Caring Gentle Cleansing Bar: This moisturizing bar, infused with skin-natural lipids, is specially formulated to provide ultra-mild cleansing for even extremely dry, irritated skin.
- Ultra Caring Gentle Body Cleanser: Specially formulated to provide ultra-mild cleansing for extremely dry, delicate and irritated skin. This formula, infused with glycinate (extremely mild cleanser with rich lather), hydrating glycerin and skin-natural lipids, gently cleanses while replenishing skin’s natural moisture barrier.
- Ultra Caring Gentle Cream Face Cleanser: Non-comedogenic; non-foaming, cream facial cleanser; enriched with skin-natural lipids, is specially formulated to provide ultra-mild cleansing for even extremely dry, delicate and irritated skin.
Step Two: Moisturize – intensely hydrating rich creams, provide quick relief of severe dryness; hypoallergenic; fragrance-free; paraben free; non-irritating; non-sticky, non-greasy, easy-to-spread, fast-absorbing; moisturizes better than leading prescription creams. Users can immediately see the difference in skin and improved quality over time with continued use. Creams work best when applied after using Dove DermaSeries cleansers.
- Intense Repairing Body Cream: Provides immediate relief of dryness symptoms, while helping to repair dry and damaged skin over time with continued use. Promotes skin barrier repair through intense moisturization and patent-pending PPAR Activation Complex; clinically proven to penetrate deep into skin helping to establish skin’s healthy hydration balance and a more resilient skin barrier.
- Intense Repairing Rough Patch Treatment: Emollient rich balm contains PPAR Activation Complex and a blend of natural oils to repair and protect severely dry skin; over time, the balm is clinically proven to re-establish skin’s healthy hydration balance and build a more resilient skin barrier. Smoothes and helps repair even the thickest and roughest spots such as on elbows, knees, heels and hands.
Together with the advanced formulation and elegant packaging, Dove DermaSeries delivers a beautiful sensorial experience and is a premium skincare range that women will trust.
Dove DermaSeries will be sold at select retail partners nationwide beginning May 2014. For further information, please visit www.dove.com.