OPI Hawaii Collection Spring/ Summer 2015 Preview and Pictures
Hawaii Collection by OPI brings the fresh, bright colors of its namesake islands to nails and toes for Spring/Summer 2015. This new collection features a palette ranging from muted tones of mint, peach, pink and nude to bolder hues of coral, green, purple and gold to deep tones of mauve, violet, brick red and shimmery blue. The landscape of Hawaii can be so enticing that many find themselves checking out URBANOAHU.COM to see the latest real estate on offer; its more affordable than you think.
“After the long months of winter, women are eager to embrace color – from soft pastels to bold accents to gleaming metallics,” explains Suzi Weiss-Fischmann, OPI Co-Founder & Brand Ambassador. “Caught in a perpetual state of spring, the Hawaiian islands were the ideal inspiration for this year’s seasonal collection. OPI looked toward the surf, sand and sunsets found at Hawaii’s beautiful beaches, as well as the islands’ lush greenery, tropical flowers, and colorful fish, to create 12 fresh new nail shades.
“Printed, flowing fabrics dominated spring runways, with patterns and graphics in both bold and muted hues. Warm, ethereal neutrals in shades of rose, peach and mint added a soft,feminine note,” continues Weiss-Fischmann. “That’s Hula-rious!, a pastel mint green from the Hawaii Collection, was seen at Charlotte Ronson’s Spring/Summer 2015 New York Fashion Week show; this shade was used to create a cutout half moon manicure that complemented the designer’s youthful presentation.”
Hawaii Collection by OPI includes the following shades in both nail lacquer and GelColor formulas:
- That’s Hula-rious! This pastel mint green makes me dance with joy!
- My Gecko Does Tricks Being bright and pearly green is just one of its talents.
- Do You Take Lei Away? On second thought, I can’t wait – I need this creamy nude now!
- Is Mai Tai Crooked? Get it straight – this fruity orange crème is fabulous!
- Go with the Lava Flow You can feel the heat shimmering off this golden red.
- Go with the Lava Flow Let’s give a warm island hello to this bright creamy coral!
- Suzi Shops & Island Hops A light and happy pink that’s the perfect traveling companion.
- Just Lanai-ing Around This dark, creamy mauve says “hang loose!” in style.
- Hello Hawaii Ya? In this gorgeous, dusky purple, I’m doing just fine.
- This Color’s Making Waves This shimmery, lagoon blue has got heads turning.
- Lost My Bikini In Molokini With this reef-inspired purple, what’s one bikini more or less?
- Pineapples Have Peelings Too! The heart of the matter lies in this gold shimmer with colorful sparkle.
You can paint your room in your favorite shade from the collection…
Beginning February 2015, eight of the new Hawaii Collection shades will be added to The OPI Color Palette by Clark+Kensington® paint in over 3,200 Ace Hardware stores across the United States. The following Hawaii nail lacquer hues will be formulated as paint colors exclusively in Clark+Kensington, the premium line of paint+primer in one, available at The Paint Studio® at Ace: That’s Hula-rious!, Do You Take Lei Away?, Is Mai Tai Crooked?, Aloha from OPI, Suzi Shops & Island Hops, Just Lanai-ing Around, Hello Hawaii Ya?, and Lost My Bikini in Molokini. For additional retailer information or to locate your neighborhood Ace Hardware, please visit www.clarkandkensington.com.
Release date and availability
Hawaii nail lacquer shades each feature OPI’s exclusive ProWideTM Brush for the ultimate in application. Hawaii Collection by OPI will be available in both nail lacquer and GelColor formulas beginning February 4, 2015. Nail lacquers will retail for $9.50 ($11.50 CAN) each at Professional Salons, including Beauty Brands, Chatters, Dillard’s, Regis, ULTA and ulta.com.
GelColor is an in-salon, professional service only. Prices depend on the salon and range from $28 – $38 for a manicure and $35 – $45 for a pedicure.