Saturday, November 10, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Sunday, November 11, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
California Market Center, Los Angeles, California
Aaahh another makeup show.
I’ve attended The Makeup Show Los Angeles for nearly 8 years and I still feel like it is one of the best makeup shows in the city. It remains to be one of the most properly curated shows when it comes to products, the most educational opportunities, and speakers/ artists working in their fields. After all these years it is still the show for professionals and students of the game. But after all these years it’s starting to feel too familiar. While the quality of the show hasn’t declined many aspects feel due for an update. You know when things are just time to be refreshed? Now of course as an attendee of the show it’s easy to list a bunch of suggestions but I trust they can figure this out and start making adjustments to the show.
If you’ve never been to The Makeup Show Los Angeles here are some tips to help you navigate the show and really make the most of your trip.
- Get your ticket online in advance! Do not wait to purchase at the door because that will be 1 line you won’t want to be in. You’ll want to utilize this time like it’s money and you don’t have time to waste.
- Have your business cards ready. You’re going to meet so many makeup lovers and industry professionals.
- Do shop with your girls. Use the show’s hashtags on Twitter and Instagram (#TMSLA #TMSLA2018) and find out who’s going. I’ve had the pleasure of attending with the same crew for years; we shop together, separate, and every year go to brunch or dinner at Bottega Louie. It’s added in the budget. Shopping with friends that happen to be influencers is THE BEST! They will shoot that review and “word on the curb” blurbs in a heartbeat.
- You get bonus points for cleaning and sorting your makeup stasheses. I know you have a few you makeup hoarders. I see you. You’ll be surprised how often we repurchase items and forget the items we need.
- Review the list of keynote speakers, classes, list of vendors, and layout. Plan your shopping, classes, and budget accordingly so you don’t miss anything you’ll regret not checking out when you leave…. Especially if you’re not attending both days.
- Make a budget, keep your receipts organized (pros), allow for miscellaneous expenses and last minute purchases. So many deals are hard to pass up and this is the time to load up. Include travel, parking, Lyft rides if you plan on leaving and returning. Remember, you’re in the heart of Downtown Los Angeles and what better way than to enjoy a local restaurant for the occasion. Don’t let those expenses catch you off guard.
- Arrive 15 minutes early to get the best parking and t beat the crowds. Treat yourself and park in the underground parking structure. You can save a few bucks by parking across the street or even more by parking further down from California Market Center.
- Pack light, you’re going to leave carrying lots of bags and you’ll want easy access to your credit cards, cash, ID, and phone.
- Give yourself a pep talk in the car. Remind yourself to play it cool when meeting your favorite celebrity artists and ask questions of value. Don’t be shy, now is the time to build those business connections.
- Take a pen and notepad to take notes during classes and speeches.
- Take your charger(s). There’s a nice lounge area with outlets and snacks when you’re ready to take a break from the show without leaving. You’ll be doing a lot of roaming around so getting off your feet might be just what you need.